Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
ELB 1200 Hi-Sync To Go Set
The ELB 1200 Hi-Sync set is optimised to freeze motion, overpower the sun, darken backgrounds and use wider apertures with higher shutter speeds, using the optional Skyport Transmitter Pro for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus/Panasonic, Fujifilm, or Pentax. The included high quality ProTec Location Bag is designed with portability in mind, and is the ideal solution to pack a one head ELB 1200 kit as compact as possible. The Skyport Transmitter Plus HS is not part of this set and must be purchased separately.
This Kit Includes:
- 1x ELB 1200 Pack
- 1x ELB 1200 Li-Ion Battery Air and Charger
- 1x ELB 1200 Hi-Sync Head with Protective Cap & 4m Cable
- 1x 16cm Reflector
- 1x Snappy Case with Shoulder Strap
- 1x ProTec Location Bag
- 1x Sync Cable
- 1x 3 Year warranty
ELB 1200 - Empower Your Story with the Ultimate Outdoor Unit!
The Premier Adventure Light:
The Elinchrom ELB 1200 is a revolution in portability and weather resistance, making this battery pack the ideal power-tool for the most adventurous photographers. Its robust design with large OLED display makes control of its many functions simply intuitive, offering the most creative options whilst leaving your mind free to play. Light in weight yet rich in performance, the ELB is built to deliver more. Faster recycling with more flashes per battery, a larger power range with shorter flash durations, next generation Skyport, and better control of colour.
Equipped with a bright dimmable, daylight LED modelling lamp, ELB 1200 flash heads provide exceptional lighting capabilities for both stills photography and video.
"The ELB 1200 provides all the flexibility and reliability you need, and allows you to concentrate all your energy and attention on other elements of the shoot".
- Tristan Shu, Adventure Photographer
1200Ws of Portable Power:
The ELB 1200 is a strong, powerful, and practical unit, yet weighs only 4.3kg (including the battery!). For the professional photographer constantly on-the-go and in need of extra power to realise the most outstanding images, the ELB 1200 will revolutionise your photography. This unit offers an efficient and convenient solution to the problem of packing enough power on location without carrying too much weight.
Lighting for All Applications - Including Video!
With an 8.5 stop power range, whether you need to overpower the sun or shoot wide aperture portraits, the ELB 1200 has what you need. As well as 1200w/s of flash power, each ELB 1200 head comes equipped with a bright (250w equivalent, 4000 lumens), 92 CRI, dimmable, daylight balanced LED modelling lamp. This coupled with the silent fan video mode, ensures the ELB 1200 provides exceptional lighting capabilities for both stills photography and video.
"The ELB 1200 is the perfect combo of power and weight... It is so easy to use that any photographer delving into the world of flash will be able to use it " - Tristan Shu, Adventure Photographer
Choice of Three Sturdy Aluminium Heads:
The ELB 1200 Pack can be complemented with one of three completely redesigned flash heads; Action, Hi-Sync and Pro, with new robust lightweight aluminium housing, aluminium tilt head with 8mm umbrella fitting, 7mm central umbrella tube, and ultra-bright dimmable daylight LED. The new, included short glass dome makes the head more compact and protects the flashtube and the LED.
- ELB 1200 Pro Head - This head is a great all rounder with fastest flash duration 1/5050s t0.5 (at 140Ws).
- ELB 1200 Action Head - Freeze motion with very short flash durations at normal shutter speeds. Fastest flash duration 1/8850s t0.5 (at 172 Ws).
- ELB 1200 Hi-Sync Head - Freeze action and control ambient light at up to 1/8000s with the EL-Skyport Transmitter HS.
All ELB 1200 heads come with a heavy duty 4m head to pack cable.
Weather resistant, rugged design
The ELB 1200 unit has been designed to address the needs of the most demanding photographers. The unit is light and compact yet able to withstand extremely harsh weather conditions and heavy shocks. With the battery connected the complete Pack is protected from humidity and dust.
Built-In Skyport Radio System:
The built-in Skyport system with 20 frequency channels and 4 groups, provides seamless synchronisation and control between your camera and the ELB 1200. Furthermore, the addition of an optional Skyport Plus Receiver ensures that your existing Speedlights can easily be incorporated into the system. Need Hi-Sync to Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus or Panasonic cameras? With the ELB 1200 Pro or HS Head (recommended) this is possible with the addition of the Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS Transmitter (sold separately).
Hi-Sync Up to 1/8000s:
Combined with the corresponding flash head, the Hi-Sync feature allows photographers to freeze motion up to 1/8000s whilst maintaining complete image sharpness. This is also a fantastic tool for darkening backgrounds and overpowering the sun at small apertures, and blurring backgrounds at wide apertures without over exposure.
High Performance Battery:
The unit comes with a high performance 1.1kg 90 Wh Battery Air, designed to travel safe and light. The battery offers 215 full power flashes or 80 min. of full power video from one full charge, and charges in 1.5 hours. A complete ELB 1200 with battery is allowed as carry-on baggage for travelling by Air with one spare battery and cover.
For photographers that need even more juice, the optional 1.5kg 144 Wh Battery HD is a real power-house for studio and on-location use, giving about 400 full power flashes or around 120 min. of video from one full 2.5 hour battery charge.
ELB 1200 batteries feature a weather resistant yet fast battery release mechanism, cover for safe transportation, shipping mode to deactivate the battery when travelling, a charge level indicator, and a 5V USB socket to charge mobile devices safely.
When two heads are plugged into the pack you have the choice of splitting the power either symmetrically, or, asymmetrically. Symmetric power distribution splits the power of the pack evenly between the two heads, great for split lighting with portraits or for flat copy work. Asymmetric distribution sends twice the power to outlet A compared to B, locking them in a 2:1 lighting ratio, perfect for portraits, products and many other uses. The asymmetric distribution also extends the available power range when using a single head.
Elinchrom Creative Suite:
Get creative with three exciting shooting modes.
- Sequence Mode, allows you to sequentially trigger up to 20 compatible units (ELB 1200, ELB 400 or ELC Pro HD Heads), in bursts or as a continuous cycle, to utilise the high frame rate of your camera.
- Delayed Mode - Provides the option of first or second curtain sync and everything in-between, plus predictive synchronization within a short sequence.
- Strobo Mode - Enables you to take a picture with stroboscopic effects within a single frame.
Full Flash Curve Technology
Utilising Full Flash Curve technology for the most accurate exposure and colour consistency, ELB 1200 is fully compatible with the complete Elinchrom family of flash units from the humble D-Lite RX One right up to the Power Pack system and the large accessories. Given that the primary working environment is away from the studio, Elinchrom technology also ensures that the shortest flash durations (for the sharpest images) are at higher power levels - just where you will be competing with daylight, and just where our power and focussed accessory systems can work their magic.
Large OLED Display
The large OLED display with user friendly easy to navigate interface, makes control of the ELB 1200's many functions simply intuative. Head recognition shows which head type is connected, and automatically displays the flash duration and power in joules at your chosen power setting.
LED illuminated outlets show which head is active, and each connected head can be activated or deactivated separely using the A and B channel buttons. Also there is a built in USB socket for fast firmware updates.
Exceptional exposure accuracy to +/- 0.03%, accurate 5500k colour stability across the whole power range, and a UK three year warranty. The ELB 1200 excels when it comes to quality and consistency.
ELB 1200 Key Features:
- Weather Resistant - Protected against humidity and dust. Keep shooting even in harsh weather conditions.
- Video Quality Modelling Lamp - 92 CRI dimmable daylight LED modelling lamp equivalent to 250w Halogen, plus silent video mode.
- Seriously Compact - Pack 18 x 13 x 28 cm including battery.
- Super Lightweight - Pack weighs just 4.3 kg including battery.
- Fast recycling times - 1.7s to full power, works as fast as you can.
- High Capacity Battery - Up to 400 full power flashes or 120 minutes of video with the Li-Ion Battery HD (sold separately), or 215 flashes / 65 mins video with the Li-Ion Battery Air (included).
- USB Charging Point - Use your ELB 1200 Battery to charge mobile devices.
- Next Generation Skyport Integration - Offering more range, channels and control.
- Large OLED Display - With easy to use interface to navigate, head recognition and flash duration display
- Heavy Duty Compact Head - Available in three options (Pro/Action/HS), with lightweight aluminium housing, ultra strong metal tilthead and 8mm umbrella fitting.
- 8.5 Stop Power Range - From 7w/s to 1200w/s
- Hi-Sync up to 1/8000s - With the ELB 1200 HS Head & Skyport HS Transmitter.
- Variable Symmetry - Chose 2:1 or 1:1 power distribution
- Fast Flash Durations - Up to 1/8850s t0.5 (at 172w/s)
- Accurate and Consistent Colour - across the whole power range
- Exceptional Exposure Accuracy - to +/- 0/03%
- Elinchrom Creative Suite - Includes three special flash modes; Strobo, Sequence and Delayed
- Huge Range of Accessories - Compatible with every standard fit Elinchrom reflector, softbox or umbrella!
- Three Year UK Warranty
|Size (Pack & Battery):||28 x 18 x 13cm|
|Size (Head Only):||22.5 x 14 x 23cm|
|Type:||Battery Flash Kit|
|Weight (Pack Only):||3.2kg|
|Weight (Battery Only):||1.1kg|
|Weight (Head & Cable):||2.2kg|
|Power Range (f stops):||8.5|
|Power Range Display:||0.1 - 7.5|
|Power Distribution:||2:1 or 1:1|
|Power Increments in F-Stop:||1/10th|
|Power Source:||Lithium-Ion 90 Wh (included) or Lithium-Ion 144 Wh (not included) or AC Power Dock (not included)|
|Min Flash Duration s:||N/A - Flash Duration Optimised for HS|
|Recycling time s:||0.05-1.7 (Fast Mode)|
|Colour Temp °K:||5500|
|Flashes from one charge at min. Power:||20000|
|Flashes from one charge at max. Power:||215|
|Charge Time:||1.5 hours to full|
|Sync Voltage:||5V (Compatible with all cameras)|
|Number of Heads:||1|
|Modelling Light:||5500K, 92 CRI 50W Dimmable LED (equivalent to 250 W)|
|Modelling Light Modes:||On, Free, Proportional, Timer, VFC, Dimmer 5-100%|
|LED Run Time:||80 / 40 Mins (Full Power - 1 Head / 2 Head)|
|Radio Triggering:||Sync Cord (3.5mm), Optical Slave, Built-In Skyport Radio Receiver|
|Hi-Sync:||Up to 1/8000s (with Transmitter Pro)|
|Auto Power Dumping:||Adjusts power settings automatically in real time|
|Flash Tube:||Plug-in user replaceable. SKU ELIN820|
|Umbrella Fitting:||Centred 7mm Tube, 8mm Tilthead Fitting|