Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
Pentax HD D-FA 645 35mm f/3.5 AL IF Lens
Optical design supporting super-high-resolution images of medium-format digital SLR cameras
Combining a newly designed, high-grade glass-molded aspherical element with a high refractive index low dispersion glass element and a hybrid aspherical element in its optics, this lens effectively compensates for chromatic and spherical aberrations and assures a sufficient peripheral brightness level, while enhancing image resolution and crisp image description at edges of the image field. The lens coating and reflective material used for the interior of the lens barrel are optimized for the distinctive characteristics of digital imaging. This allows it to draw out the optimum performance of PENTAX medium-format digital SLR cameras, while minimizing flare and ghost images.
Wide-angle perspective perfect for scenic photography
- This lens provides a focal length of 27.5mm (in the 35mm format; when mounted on a 645Z or 645D camera body) to capture wide-angle images of landscape and architecture. With a minimum focusing distance of 0.3 meters and a maximum magnification of 0.25 times, it can also be used for close-up photography, allowing the photographer to capture subjects such as flowers from a close distance, while retaining the scenery in the background to emphasize the sense of depth. What's more, its inner-focus mechanism keeps its total length unchanged during focusing, and allows the user to maintain the ideal balance during handheld shooting.
HD Coating for high-resolution images
- This lens is treated with the PENTAX-original, high-grade HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this innovative coating assures higher light transmittance and lower reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
* HD stands for High Definition.
Rounded diaphragm for a beautiful bokeh effect
- This lens features a nine-blade, rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
- Image circle covering the entire image size of 645-series film-format SLR cameras
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
- Attachment of various filters, such as a C-PL (circular polarizing) filter, to the front end of the lens
- PL filter window for easy control of a polarizing filter without requiring the removal of the lens hood