Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
ExpoDisc V3 Professional White Balance Filter - 77mm
The new ExpoDisc V3 White Balance Filter is here! One of the fastest and most accurate white balance tool around. Benefit from an improved wide spectrum white balance and for better results with the ExpoDisc V3. The new diffusion materials perform better across the visible spectrum (380 – 700nm) when capturing images in cool open shade or warm light. The new materials also improve performance when shooting near-infrared (700 – 2200nm) and enable the ExpoDisc V3 to set white balance when photographing with an IR-sensitive camera.
The ExpoDisc V3 is thinner than the ExpoDisc 2.0. Easily hold it over lenses 82mm or smaller and incorporates a new bayonet mount allowing it to be quickly attached and removed from your lens using the included bayonet mount step ring. Additional step rings can be purchased for other lens sizes.
Save time editing colour as the ExpoDisc can be used to set an in-camera white balance using your camera's custom white balance. This custom white balance will be incorporated into your images if shooting JPEG or added to your RAW images as the 'as-shot' white balance. It saves a lot of time than editing photos after the shoot, as every image will have a neutral, measured white balance without needing to adjust software sliders. You can also use this product for video (where white balancing can take even longer), by simply use your camera's video white balance procedure to apply a custom white balance to your video.
The ExpoDisc V3 also works for incident exposure metering. The light transmission profile has been adjusted to 14.5%, which is consistent with most digital light meters and will provide a centered histogram on modern digital cameras.
- Save time editing photos and video, as the ExpoDisc V3 can be used to set an in-camera white balance using your camera's custom white balance procedure.
- The new diffusion materials provide a wider spectrum of white balance (380nm – 700nm).
- Get a more centred histogram on your camera as the light transmission profile has been adjusted to be consistent with most digital camera meters.
- The new bayonet mount can be quickly attached and removed from your lens using the included ExpoDisc v3 bayonet mount step ring.
ExpoDisc V3 Contents
- ExpoDisc V3 Professional White Balance Filter
- ExpoDisc V3 step ring
- Storage pouch
- Neck strap
- Certification Card
- Printed instructions (English); other languages can be downloaded via expodisc.com