- TFC Service Department
- Spare Parts
TFC Service Dept
3A The High Cross Centre
Tel:- 020 7837 5649
- Official UK Service Agent for Elinchrom
- Normally 7 - 10 working day turnaround (Subject to seasonal variation) Currently 2 weeks
- "Pro-Service" 24 Hr repairs available on request, (parts permitting, extra charge applies)
- Service prices start from just £54 inc vat
- Portable Appliance Testing from just £10
- Only original manufacturers parts used
- Our work is guaranteed for 12 months (items over 5 years are for 6 months)
- Hire against Repairs at a discount (Stock availability permitting)
Download the Service Department Terms and Conditions here
What do you repair?
I've broken something, can I fix it myself?
We sell a range of user-replaceable spare parts for Elinchrom. None of these parts requires exposure of the interior electronics to fit.
The inside of a flash head contains dangerous voltages and charges, even when disconnected from the mains. We would urge customers not to attempt their own repairs.
We do not sell parts such as capacitors and circuit boards for the inside of Elinchrom products.
Can I send it in?
Of course, you can.
Our address is:
The Flash Centre
3A The High Cross Centre
Please ensure you package the equipment well, making sure to avoid damage to tubes and modelling bulbs.
Plus --- Please remember to include an explanation of the fault and be sure to include your contact details and return address!
What should I send with it?
Please send in anything that might be relevant to the fault displayed in your product.
For example, if you're having trouble with a battery, it may be useful for us to test your charger. You may want to send mains cables, sync cords, pack to head cables etc.
Also, include your contact details (you'd be surprised how much equipment arrives anonymously!) and a description of the symptoms/fault. Don't forget to include a copy of your proof of purchase if your item is within the warranty period.
Can I drop it at my local branch?
Yes, they'll be happy to send it to the London service department for you.
Can you collect from me?
At present we don't arrange collections.
How long is the warranty?
Most New Elinchrom products have a 3-year warranty. Products purchased before March 2016 will have a 2-year warranty.
Please be aware that some parts, such as flash tubes and charge capacitors are not covered by the warranty.
Do you need the receipt?
If you believe your product is under warranty we will require proof of this, such as the purchase receipt.
If you have lost this and you purchased from The Flash Centre, we may be able to obtain a copy from our records, however, this may delay your repair by a week.
When are you open?
The service department is open from 9 am until 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
How long is your turnaround time?
Turnaround time varies seasonally, at present it is around 3 weeks.
Equipment under warranty will be placed in a priority queue, currently 1 week.
If you need your equipment faster than this we offer a pro service with a 48hr turnaround. Pro service is charged at £20+VAT per item and is subject to availability.
Will you loan me something while my gear is being repaired?
If your Elinchrom unit is under warranty we can offer a free of charge loan during the repair time.
If your Elinchrom unit is not under warranty we can offer a half-price rental of an equivalent item at any point during the repair time.
These are both subject to availability.
Sorry, but we can only offer these services for Elinchrom repairs.
How much will my repair cost?
Each repair is subject to a bespoke quote based on the parts required and labour costs incurred. Labour is charged in 15-minute increments.
Before a bespoke estimate can be completed, an estimated fee of £54 inc VAT per item is charged at the point of all kit being booked in for service. This estimate also includes a ‘Basic Service’ which covers:
- Cleaning (inside and outside)
- Thorough visual and physical inspection Electrical Safety Test (PAT)
- Flash Tube and Board alignment
- Fuses replenished if necessary
- Minor parts replaced (nuts, bolts, washers etc)
The Basic Service is a necessary part of the estimate process.
- Once your equipment has been through the ‘Basic Service’ if a repair is needed, the £54 already paid will be knocked off your final repair bill.
- In the rare instance that equipment is deemed ‘beyond economical repair’ or an estimate is refused you may choose to leave your unit with us for recycling and we will then refund your £54 ‘Basic Service’ charge in the form of TFC shop credit to set against the cost of
You may choose to have your unit returned with no ‘Basic Service’ refund.
Can I have an estimate?
An estimate is included (if required) in the 'Basic service" charge.
If your repair falls outside the pre-paid 'Basic Service" we will prepare a bespoke estimate for you.
The £54 already paid will be deducted from the price. In the rare instance that equipment is deemed ‘beyond economical repair’ or an estimate is refused you may choose to leave your unit with us for recycling and we will then refund your £54 ‘Basic Service’ charge in the form of TFC shop credit to set against the cost of replacement equipment.
You may choose to have your unit returned with no refund of the ‘Basic Service’ charge.
I need my gear PAT tested, do you do this?
We do, there is a £10+VAT charge per item, turnaround is 24hrs. Please note that a PAT test is done on all repaired items where appropriate.
Click here for a list of spares and consumables available for sale.