Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
Whether you’re shooting action from the touchline, wildlife on safari or news events from the press pack, this RF mount super-telephoto lens puts you right among the action. Since it works natively with EOS R series cameras, the Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L delivers exceptional image quality and performance.
An f/2.8 maximum aperture allows shallow depth of field and exceptional low-light performance, which is complimented by a 5.5-stop Image Stabiliser. Canon's robust L-Series construction lets you keep shooting even if conditions turn bad. Focusing is lightning fast, courtesy of a ring-type USM motor and Power Doubled Focus Drive, which increases AF speed with compatible cameras. Full-time manual focus lets photographers make small adjustments without having to take their eye off the subject.
Outstanding image quality
Even at its maximum f/2.8 aperture, sharpness is exceptional right across the frame. This is due to the use of Fluorite and Super UD glass plus ASC and Super Spectra coatings.
Fast focusing keeps you sharp
When capturing fast action, the lens focuses quickly and confidently. A dual power focus drive offers faster AF with compatible cameras.
Low light? No problem
The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM is great in low light, with a large f/2.8 max aperture and an IS system offering 5 stops of protection from camera shake.
The lightest 400mm f/2.8 lens available for mirrorless cameras** is easy to take with you. Full-time MF lets you adjust focus and AF start/stop buttons are intuitive to find.
Built to inspire confidence
With its legendary L-series build quality and heat-reflecting white finish, this is a lens you can use confidently whatever the weather – from rainy football pitches to dusty safari trips.
Dual Power Focus Drive
The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM features a dual power focus drive system. This means that the lens mount features a second power connection, so that it can draw more current from compatible camera bodies. This extra power is used to increase the USM speed for faster focusing speeds, letting photographers track faster moving objects and obtain initial focus more quickly.
- Fill the frame from a distance – perfect for sports, wildlife, and news photography. This native RF mount lens is also compatible with RF 1.4x and RF 2x extenders for extra reach
- A great performer in low light, this lens features a 5.5-stop Image Stabilizer that protects against camera shake¹, plus a fast f/2.8 max aperture, which also allows a very shallow depth of field
- Outstanding image quality right across the frame, thanks to fluorite and Super UD glass that tackle aberrations and ASC and Super Spectra coatings that reduce ghosting and flare
- Autofocus is swift and accurate thanks to a ring-type USM motor, enhanced AF algorithms and a Power Doubled Focus Drive that increases focusing speed with compatible cameras
- The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM is extremely portable, being a lightweight 400mm f/2.8 lens, weighing in at just 2890g and measuring 367 mm in length, so you can enjoy its extraordinary capabilities wherever you’re shooting
- Manual focus override allows photographers to make small adjustments to the point of maximum sharpness without having to switch focus modes or taking their eye off the subject
- A minimum focus distance of just 2.5m means you can keep shooting even when gets close – invaluable when on the touchlines
- Focus preset buttons allow pre-programmed focus distances to be recalled instantly, saving valuable time when reacting quickly to fast-changing events
- The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM is built to exacting standards – sealed against dust and moisture. Its white, thermally reflective paint ensures a stable inside temperature, even in sunlight, for consistent results
What's in the box
- RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM Lens
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- Drop-In Screw Filter Folder 52 (WIII) with 52mm Protect filter
- Lens Cap E-180E
- Lens Hood ET-155 (WIII)
- Lens Soft Case LS400
- Lens Wide Strap B
- User Manual