Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
Close the distance with this FX-format 300 mm lens. As the first F-mount NIKKOR to be equipped with a phase Fresnel element, it offers the ultimate balance of compact build, telephoto reach, and high image quality. Ideal for sports and wildlife photography as well as travel shots and tight, detail-oriented portraiture, this lens is the smart choice when you want to fill the frame but not your bag.
The combination of f/4 maximum aperture, 300 mm focal length, and impressive VR technology enables superb results in diverse conditions. The phase Fresnel lens element significantly reduces size and weight, and a fluorine coating repels water, dust, and dirt for enhanced durability.
- High-performance telephoto lens: offers 300 mm focal length and f/4 maximum aperture. (450 mm focal length when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR.)
- Phase Fresnel element: this telephoto lens delivers great optical performance and boasts a remarkably compact build. Use of a phase Fresnel (PF) lens element noticeably reduces the weight, without degrading image quality.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): with SPORT mode. VR minimises camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower. SPORT VR mode delivers a stable viewfinder image when shooting high-speed movement, and allows a continuous shooting frame rate and release time lag similar to those that are possible when VR is turned off.
- Advanced optical performance: Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare, increasing the clarity and contrast of images. An ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element minimises chromatic aberration.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm: enables consistent, more precise exposures, especially when shooting at high frame rates.
- Fluorine coating: actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality. The coating enhances durability and makes it easier to clean the glass without damaging the surface.
- Minimum focus distance: 1.4 m.
- RT-1 tripod collar ring (optional accessory): enables the lens to be rotated freely for smooth transition between vertical and horizontal orientation.