Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
Shimoda Action X50 v2 Starter Kit Black (with Medium DSLR Core Unit)
The Action X50 is our action and adventure sports workhorse. It’s designed for photographers who need to carry a lot of gear yet still be agile and part of the action. It has quickly become the choice of many professional adventure photographers.
The X50 is designed to carry gripped bodies and will comfortably fit most mirrorless and DSLR cameras (up to 6.7 in or 17cm tall) via our DSLR Core Unit series. Its roll-top access allows users to expand or compress the volume to the demands of the day. It features multiple attachment straps, including TPU compression straps for greater durability when attaching skis, and its removable helmet holder lets users secure mountaineering, ski or bike helmets to the outside of their pack.
Action X's interchangeable and adjustable shoulder straps feature two zippered pockets to carry the latest iPhone Pro Max phones, a water bottle, or personal accessories. The Action X25, X30, X40 and X50 feature side camera access and two removable tripod or water bottle pouches that can be moved to the belt location for instant access to key accessories like snacks and lenses, or removed completely to save weight. Two padded sleeves protect laptops and tablets up to 16 inches. Finally, the removable belt, luggage-handle pass-through and hidden AirTag sleeve make the Action X50 a stealthy and stylish partner in urban and travel environments.
*This Starter Kit includes an Action X50 Backpack, Medium DSLR Core Unit v2, Helmet Holder and Rain Cover.
- Adjustable Torso Height - The X50 has four height options with approximately 9 cm (3.5 in) of vertical adjustment. This means the same backpack can fit short or taller — male or female — torso heights, ensuring a custom fit for everyone. Those with taller or broader torsos can add our Booster Kit for greater range in torso fit.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - The X50 utilizes our DSLR Core Unit series. Core Units provide shockproof protection for Mirrorless and DSLR cameras and lenses, and ensure a user never carries more padding and weight than necessary. The X50 v2 can accommodate our Small, Medium, Large DSLR sizes. It can also accept our shallower Mirrorless series.
- Dual Laptop/Tablet Sleeves - Both rear and front panel padded sleeves fit a laptop up to 16 inches in size. Having two sleeves lets you pack both a tablet and laptop while providing options for various packing scenarios.
- Expandable Roll-Top Access - We gave the Action X series a roll-top access so the bag can be adjusted to your gear needs while maintaining a tight and compact fit. The roll top can expand with a volume range of 7 liters. The top section also has an additional quick-access YKK SplashGuard® zipper that makes getting at your gear extremely quick and easy, especially in foul weather.
- Hidden Tracking Device Sleeve - A new hidden sleeve holds a personal tracking device so you always know where your pack is. In the unfortunate scenario your pack goes missing, a tracker can assist in discovering its location and recovering your gear. The sleeve accommodates AirTag and Tile Pro devices.
- Weight: 6lb / 2.7kg
- Outside Dimensions (cm): 30W x 56H x 20D cm
- Inside Dimensions (cm): 29.5W x 55.5H x 19D cm
- Laptop Compartment Dimensions - Combined (cm): 24W x 37H x 1.5D cm
- Warranty: 5 Years
To get the most out of your Shimoda gear we strongly recommend regular maintenance. This includes cleaning, re-applying water repellents, zipper care, and airing out your gear.
Whether the 1st day or the 100th; scratches, damage and tears can occur. Mountains and the tools we use to access them are often stronger than our backpacks. Please be mindful and take good care of your Shimoda gear.
|Internal Size:||29.5 x 55.5 x 19cm|
|External Size:||30 x 56 x 20cm|
|Laptop Compartment:||24 x 37 x 1.5cm (fits 16" Laptop)|
|Airline Carry On:||No|