Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
Stay Connected and Protect Sensitive Ports with TetherBlockKey Features:
- Keeps tether cables connected and secured to camera
- Protects expensive camera ports from damage
- Constructed from precision milled T5 aerospace aluminum alloy
- Lightweight and extremely durable
- Multiple routing channels accept thick, medium or thin cables
- Rubber non-slip pads keep the TetherBlock from moving once attached to the camera
- Additional 1/4"-20 female threads allow mounting non Arca-compatible tripod plates
- TetherBlock Arca has a built in Arca-compatible mount
Camera data ports are fragile and expensive to repair. When shooting tethered in studio or on location, a trip or tug can cause your tether cable to become dislodged or cause serious damage to your camera’s data ports. The TetherBlock is a must-have for photographers shooting tethered both handheld or using a tripod.
The TetherBlock is designed to prevent accidental removal of a cable from your camera's data ports by snaking a USB, FireWire, or HDMI cable through one of TetherBlock’s three channels. A 1/4"-20 slotted screw attaches the plate to the camera, and can be tightened with a screwdriver or coin.
From there, either shoot handheld or attach the TetherBlock to your camera's tripod mount and you'll be able to shoot tethered to a computer without fear of your tethered cable becoming unplugged. TetherBlock Arca simply connects to any Arca compatible tripod head and TetherBlock mates with your favorite plate to connect to any existing tripod head.
Easy to mount, the TetherBlock and TetherBlock Arca have a 1/4"-20 male thread to attach directly to the bottom of your camera.
This Arca-style connection is compatible with all Arca compatibile ballheads with the standard 35mm wide connection. This is not compatible with the Arca-Swiss Monoball Fix Series. The bottom of the TetherBlock Arca features two 1/4"-20 female threads.
There is not a centered 1/4"-20 female thread on the TetherBlock Arca, so if you need to mate this to a non-arca plate, we recommend the non-arca TetherBlock.
Constructed in the USA from a single piece of precision milled T5 aerospace aluminum alloy, the TetherBlock is extremely durable while remaining lightweight and is covered by Tether Tools Lifetime Warranty.