Mon-Fri 0900 - 1730
Fujifilm GFX50S II with GF35-70mm F4.5-5.6 WR lens
The Fujifilm GFX50S II packs a 51.4MP large-format sensor to boast an incredible image-resolving power, capturing every detail in sharpness across the frame. Light is recorded to the pixel, which is 1.7 times that of a full-frame sensor*2 to achieve a wide dynamic range and a high signal-to-noise ratio. The resulting image reproduces deep tonality and texture from shadows to highlights and delivers image clarity with minimal noise even when taken in low light. One of the strengths of the large format sensor is its ability to produce a very shallow depth of field. It is complemented by GF lenses’ edge-to-edge sharpness to accentuate the main subject against a blurred background for added three-dimensional definition.
- 51MP 44 x 33mm CMOS sensor
- In-body stabilisation offering up to 6.5EV correction
- 3.2" rear touchscreen with two-axis tilt
- 3.69M dot OLED viewfinder with 0.77x (equivalent) magnification
- Top-panel status LCD
- Pixel-shift high-res mode gives 205MP images
- Battery rated to 440 shots per charge (CIPA)
- Full HD video at up to 30p, with headphone and mic sockets
Superior image quality delivered with the use of a unique 51.4MP large-format sensor
- The GFX50S II is equipped with a 51.4MP large format sensor, which delivers incredible image resolution when combined with a GF lens.
- The camera uses a specialised design that uses smaller light-collecting microlenses on the sensor to create a wider gap between adjacent pixels, thereby boosting light resolution per pixel for added image sharpness.
- Having a larger light-receiving area per pixel results in excellent ISO sensitivity, dynamic range and tonality, controlling highlight/shadow clipping while conveying the subject’s texture, definitions and even the atmosphere of the scene in precise details.
- The ability of the large format sensor to produce a very shallow depth-of-field renders background out of focus beautifully, adding definitions to the subject and drawing attention to where the photographer intended.
Variety of Film Simulations
The GFX50S II comes with as many as 19 Film Simulations, including “Nostalgic Neg.” developed for the launch of the GFX100S and characterised by high saturation and soft tonality. Use Film Simulation presets designed for various subject types and scenes while checking how they affect the final image in Live View.
Compact 5-axis In-Body Stabilisation delivering up to 6.5-stops of Vibration Reduction
- The GFX50S II features a five-axis image stabilisation mechanism that provides up to 6.5 stops of advantage*3, the highest in the history of the GFX Series. This has been made possible with the use of a high-performance gyro sensor and accelerometer that can detect motions at high accuracy. The gyro sensor has been structured to boost its detection accuracy for precise image stabilisation.
- This camera revolutionises the way conventional medium-format digital cameras are used. Rather than being mounted on a tripod for slow and careful shooting, the GFX50S II can produce superior image quality hand-held with image stabilisation.
Fast and high-precision AF thanks to the high-speed processing engine and latest algorithm
- The GFX50S II’s fast and high-precision AF system is assisted by powerful devices such as large-format high-resolution sensor, high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4” and image stabilisation mechanism, operated with the latest algorithm. During the contrast-detection process for AF, the built-in powerful image stabilisation mechanism controls sensor motion blur to add speed and accuracy to the AF performance, ensuring to capture the decisive photo opportunity in any conditions.
- The GFX50S II uses the X-Processor 4 and the latest algorithm that improves the AF’s refresh rate. This results in more accurate autofocus in Face / Eye Detection compared to a previous model. The ability to quickly attain focus despite using the large-format sensor with a shallow depth of field greatly assists users when shooting portraits with movements.
Innovative compact and lightweight body for advanced mobility
- The use of the compact and powerful in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) mechanism and shutter unit has been combined with an optimised layout of various devices to achieve a logic-defying compact body for a large-format camera, weighing approximately 900g and measuring 104.2mm high and 87.2mm deep.
- The grip has been shaped so that the camera sits comfortably in hand, ensuring comfort by significantly reducing hand strains when using a large zoom lens, for example.
- The casing is made of highly rigid magnesium alloy; added thickness around the base of the lens mount, which is subject to greater load, in particular, has made the camera body highly robust. The GFX50S II is also weather-sealed at 60 locations to offer dust- and moisture-resistance and the ability to operate in temperatures as low as -10℃. The camera’s exceptional portability is coupled with its robustness in all shooting situations to expand the world of ultra-high-resolution photography.
Easy operability for a smooth shooting experience
- The top panel features the Mode dial, typically seen in many digital cameras so that users can familiarly handle the camera. It offers six customisable positions C1 – C6, allowing users to register their choice of functions to each of the positions and activate them quickly for a smooth photoshoot.
- There is a selector on the top panel to instantly switch between the still and video modes for added convenience.
- The use of a flat-shaped Focus Lever reduces physical discomfort even after extended use. It responds with enhanced sensitivity when moving the focus point, allowing users to quickly attain focus where needed.
- The 1.8-inch sub LCD monitor with excellent visibility is found on the top panel, displaying key EXIF settings such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity and exposure. Additional information displayed includes the number of frames remaining when shooting stills and the remaining filming duration. The display can be customised for added convenience.
- On the rear panel is a 3.2-inch main LCD monitor with 100% coverage. It can tilt in three directions to enable high- and low-angle shooting, for which the electronic viewfinder (EVF) cannot be easily used.
Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function to capture and generate 200MP images free of false colour
The GFX50S II features the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function, capable of creating 200MP images free of false colour presentation. The ability to reproduce a photo subject’s colours, texture and even its atmosphere in the finest of details make the camera a perfect choice for archiving. Large artworks and historical artefacts, previously difficult to photograph in detail because of their size, can be captured in precise details in edge-to-edge clarity.